There are a lot of tips for diet success, here I will discuss the ones that I think are most important.
1. Chose a diet for better health. If weight loss is appropriate for your body, it will result from a healthy diet and lifestyle. If weight loss is your only goal, once you achieve it, you will move back to old habits and gain the weight back.
2. Give yourself a weekly cheat (1 cheat/week). This is good for you psychologically and physiologically and will help the longevity of your new lifestyle. The cheat will fuel your workouts and supercharge your metabolism for 24-48 hours.
3. Forgive yourself when you fail. Pick yourself back up and get back on the wagon.
4. Get your family and friends involved. It is awfully hard for a crack addict to stop using crack when surrounded by other crack addicts. One of the best predictors of long term dietary success is whether your spouse is on the same diet. Your spouse can keep you strong when you are weak (and you the same for them), or they can completely unintentionally (or intentionally) sabotage you, even when you’re strong.
5. Use holiday meals and family gatherings as your cheat day.
6. Work out regularly. Exercise and good nutrition work in a synergistic manner. Each helps you be more successful at the other.
7. Get 8 hours of sleep. Less than 8 hours of quality sleep each night is associate with excess sugar consumption, excess calorie consumption, weight gain, and low levels of satiety (you don’t feel satisfied from eating).
By Jeremiah Jacobs