The Best Breakfast
Try eating meat and nuts for breakfast.
It is an unconventional approach with some very promising results. Many studies have shown that a high protein breakfast results in better satiation between meals, an increase in weight loss, an increase in muscle mass, more energy, and improved cognitive ability throughout the day. The beneficial fats in Nuts offer these same benefits.
For breakfast for the next six weeks, eat ½ cup of nuts and multiply your normal serving of protein by 1.5. Here are a few tips:
- Remember that a typical serving of protein should be about the size (and thickness) of the palm of your hand.
- Only increase your protein serving size for breakfast.
- Your protein source must be some sort of meat.
- It is best to use a rotation to prevent the development of food sensitivity.
- Water, coffee, tea and herbal infusions are acceptable additions, but nothing else.
Here is a 5 day sample to get you started:
- Day 1: Chicken and macadamia nuts
- Day 2: Ground bison and almonds
- Day 3: Alaskan Salmon and pecans
- Day 4: Turkey and walnuts
- Day 5: Ground venison and Brazil nuts (you can buy venison online or at some health food stores now)