Not over doing it on over holidays is always a challenge, but there is no need to avoid a little holiday food all together. Here are a few simple techniques to help you enjoy your holiday without crashing your diet.
1. Save your cheating for the holiday meal or party of your choosing
2. Eat normally during your day previous to the party. Waiting all day to eat (in the hopes of eating less) will actually cause you to eat more calories at one meal than you would have all day.
3. Eat healthy throughout the day, focusing on getting plenty of water, good fats and vegetables. This will help satiate you so that you are not so tempted to over indulge.
4. Workout before your meal. This will help satiate you as well. in addition, it tends to help you crave healthier foods.
5. Use small plates. Feel free to fill it up, but only one plate at a time. You can go back as many times as you want. This will allow you to have as much as you would like, but the time between trips and in line will give your body time to register that you are satisfied.
6. On your first plate, keep it healthy. No cheat foods until the second plate. This helps satisfy you sooner.
7. It is always best to stop if you begin to feel a little bloated as this will keep you from causing too much damage.